Advanced Learning Workshop Series: Supporting Student Growth
June 8 & 9, 2015 – Carroll Knicely Conference Center, Bowling Green, KY
October 2015 – Carroll Knicely Conference Center, Bowling Green, KY
February 2016 – Carroll Knicely Conference Center, Bowling Green, KY
Virtual work throughout the year
- Teachers working with students in grades 6-12 in English/Language Arts
- Teams are encouraged, not required
- select a Student Growth Goal or teaching strategy to study, ultimately becoming an “expert” in the area.
- implement those strategies and create a video to share in an online teaching bank.
- strengthen TPGES Domain 4 evidence.
- collaborate with educators online and face-to-face to solve common problems of practice.
- an iPad Mini.
- a $300 stipend (pending complete product at the end of the one-year commitment).
- attendance at Kentucky Council of Teachers of English Conference.
- paid substitute for 2015-16 meeting dates.
- a bank of practical, effective lessons.
- support from a cohort of educators.