Communities of Practice Learning Forum IV
July 21-22, 2015 – Owensboro Convention Center, 501 West 2nd Street, Owensboro, KY 42301
All Teacher Leaders
- The difference between Project-Based Learning and “doing projects”
- The need to provide students with opportunities to practice 21st century competencies, balanced with significant content
- How to manage a project in your classroom.
A block of rooms has been set aside for Teacher Leaders at the following hotels in the Owensboro area. Please call to inquire about availability and pricing—reference “Communities of Practice.” Teacher Leaders will be responsible for the cost of lodging and other expenses, which are reimbursable through the CoP funds distributed to schools/districts.
Hotels will release the block of rooms on July 1, 2015. Please make your reservations by June 30, 2015, and note that the negotiated Communities of Practice price may not be available after the block has been released.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Waterfront, 401 West 2nd Street, Owensboro, KY 42301 (270) 685-2005
- Holiday Inn Owensboro Riverfront, 701 West 1st Street, Owensboro, KY 42301 (270) 683-1111
- Courtyard by Marriott-Owensboro, 3120 Highland Pointe Drive, Owensboro, KY 42303 (270) 685-4140
- Hampton Inn Owensboro-South, 615 Salem Drive, Owensboro, KY 42303 (270) 926-2006
Registration and continental breakfast will begin each day at 7:30 am Central Time, and the day will end by 4:00 pm Central Time. Lunch will be provided each day.